IKACOR 40 mg
Indications and usage
- Antianginal action.
Rest angina including vasospastic (Prinzmetal angina) and unstable (crescendo, preinfarction) angina. Chronic stable angina (classical effort angina).
- Antiarrhythmic action.
Ikacor is indicated for treatment of supraventricular tachyarrhythmia including: quick passage to sinus rhythm of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia also connected with the presence of additional conduction pathways (for example, Wolff-Parkinson-White and Lown-Ganong-Levine syndromes).Temporal slowing down of high ventricular rate with aflutter or atrial fibrillation.
Ikacor is indicated for treatment of mild and moderate hypertension, separately or in combination with other antihypertensive drugs.
- Significant hypersensitivity to verapamil hydrochloride or any other drug component. Severe left ventricular dysfunction.
- Hypotension (systolic blood pressure less than 90 mm Hg) or cardiogenic shock.
- Sick sinus syndrome (except for patients with active artificial cardiac ventricular pacemaker).
- AV block of second or third degree (except for patients with active artificial cardiac ventricular pacemaker).
- Patients with aflutter or atrial fibrillation and additional conduction pathway (for example, Wolff-Parkinson-White and Lown-Ganong-Levine syndromes).
Usually there’re no severe side effects if the verapamil therapy starts with gradual drug dosage according to recommended single and daily administration limits.
Other reactions: hypotension, edema, congestive cardiac failure or pulmonary edema, AV block, erythema, dizziness, headache, fatigue, constipation, nausea, dyspnea, rash.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Israel
Also known as: Verapamil Hydrochloride, Isoptin, Calaptin, VPL Injection, Verasol, Verapress, Ikapress, Finoptin, Wellmill, Lekoptin, Dilacoran, Vepiltax