Preparations Adipex and Razin
Anorexigenic preparation from the group of sympathomimetic amines. Appointed as a short term (a few weeks) adjuvant in weight reduce diet through physical exercises, behavior change and caloric restriction. Used in exogenous adiposity in patients with an initial body mass index over 30 kg/m2 or more than 27 kg / m2 in the presence of other risk factors (e.g., controlled hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia). When assigning this materials group including Adipex and Razin, it should be considered the potential risk of their application.
- Cardiovascular disease in history (coronary insufficiency, stroke, arrhythmia, congestive heart failure, uncontrolled hypertension);
- During or within 14 days after receiving the monoamine oxidase inhibitors;
- Excited condition;
- Drug addiction history;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Diagnosed hypersensitivity or idiosyncrasy of sympathomimetic amines.
The following side effects from taking phentermine have been reported:
- On the part of the cardiovascular system: primary pulmonary hypertension and / or defect of heart valve regurgitation, palpitation, tachycardia, rise in blood pressure, ischemic conditions.
- Central nervous system: excessive anger, agitation, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, depression, tremors, headache, psychosis.
- On the part of the digestive tract: dryness in the mouth, a disagreeable taste, diarrhea, constipation and other gastrointestinal tract disrupting.
- Allergies: urticaria.
- Endocrine: an impotency, changes in libido.
Interaction with the other drugs
With monoamine oxidase inhibitors: a phentermine receiving is contraindicated during or within 14 days after reception of monoamine oxidase inhibitors because of the risk of hypertensive crisis.
With alcohol: simultaneous reception of alcohol and phentermine may cause an adverse reaction to the drug.
With the insulin and peroral hypoglycemic drugs: some patients may require a lower dose of insulin or oral hypoglycemic agents.
With adrenergic neuroblockers: phentermine can attenuate hypotensive effect of adrenergic neuroblockers.
Dosage and application
In order to respond adequately to the minimum effective drug dose, it’s chosen separately.
The standard dose for adults is 1 capsule per day before breakfast or 1-2 hours after breakfast for appetite control on the physician purpose. The standard dose for adults is 1 tablet a day before breakfast or 1-2 hours after breakfast. The dosage can be altered according to the patient's needs. For some patients it’s enough half a tablet per day; in some cases, it is better to take half a tablet twice a day.
Adipex and Razin is not recommended for patients under 16 years. Avoid taking the medication late in the evening because of the possible sleeplessness.